Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On the hunt

Not too long ago I started a Teen Advisory Group here at the library just to see what kind of turn out I would have, and I was curious to know how many kids would be interested. I had about eight kids come and they were so involved. They had great ideas and seemed really enthusiastic. They participated in Teen Tech Week and I even have them monitoring the family movies that we show twice a month.

All of this is great, however they want to do, I need to find ways to keep them engaged and involved otherwise I'm afraid I'll lose them. I'd love to do something like after school story time and have some of the teens run that (under supervision of course), or some kind of consistent weekly program for them to monitor and brain storm ideas for but I don't know what to do. I've been blog hopping and pinteresting but I'm coming up short. I'm glad that the kids like this program enough to want to meet more often and involve themselves I just don't know how. Another issue is, if I start planning larger more involved programs and none of my TAG members show up, then what do I do? I feel like because the group is still so new, that I'm in a precarious position.

I guess I should get back to the drawing board and try to come up with some ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment