Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Keeping it up

So I'm learning that the hardest part organizing a club at the library isn't the actual organization and creation of said club, it's the up keep. I began an Anime Club at my library in December and it's taking off. I don't even have to beg kids to show up anymore because they just do it on their own *woot* however, I don't know a ton about Anime, I just know enough to make you think I know a ton.

The original plan was to show movies an let the kids draw pictures with a few drawing prompts thrown in to stretch the imagination. I got some kids who like to draw but then I drew in the die hard Anime fans and now I may be in a spot of trouble. They want to do more, but I have no idea what to do. The answer seems obvious, as them what they want and give it to them, yeah but see the problem is they want to do things like LARP (Live Action Role Play), and anime charades, and games and stuff, but I still have those kids who come every month and don't know enough about anime to properly participate in things like they (not to mention they may be too young) so I'm kind of stuck.

I'm thinking of google some games to play and ideas, maybe pinterest can help me out. I think a big part of the problem is that I have a very large age range with this club, how do I find something to keep everyone happy. Ugh!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment