Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Programming

I don't get to do as much programming as I would like. It's not because I can't come up with things to do, it's because the library only has one community room, so we're all fighting for time to use it. I can't do programs in the teen room... because we don't have one, we have a youth room with every age group. The one time I tried to do a program in the youth room, small children were toddling up and messing with things, and it drove the teens crazy, they asked that I not do that again, and I can't say that I disagree with them. Therefore I can only do programming when I can find time to squeeze it in around movies, computer classes, literacy nights, board meetings, sewing groups, other children programs, and other random things. So in addition to the clubs that I do every month here a few of my program ideas for 2014.

  • Pipe cleaner and tin foil challenge
  • Science Jeopardy
  • Blind Date with a Book
  • Spaghetti and marshmallow towers
  • Build a bot worshop
  • meme shirts
  • Blackout poetry
  • Duct tape wallets
  • Harry Potter Trivia
That's what I have so far, I'll probably add random things as I think of them and find ways to plug them in, but I'm excited. 2014 is looking good.

1 comments:

  1. We've got the same problem at our library too. I hope to do a blind date with a book in February for our library and extend it for all collections.

    ReplyDelete