Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Altered by Jennifer Rush- Review


10859509

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.
(goodreads.com)

 
I stumbled across this book while flipping through a Baker and Taylor magazine trying to put together by book order for this month... Actually I saw Erased next book in the series, but whatever. Over all I was a fan of Altered, there were a lot of twists and turns, and I liked it, I liked trying to decode messages and trying to figure out who you could and couldn't trust right along with the characters. I'll admit that there are other female protagonists that I like better than Anna, but she was alright. I think I would have liked her better if there had been more to her. (I'm trying to figure out how to word this.) Throughout the book we were on a mission to discover why the boys were a part of some top secret experiment, why they had amnesia, why their lives were like before, and so on and so forth. I liked that there were secrets for Anna to uncover about herself as well, I guess I just wish there was more too it. The boys spoke so much about instinct, and I guess I just wish that Anna had had a few more physical instincts herself, like she instinctively knew how to use a gun, or something. I don't really know. I just felt like something was missing, but I did like the story, and I look forward to read book 2.

I give this book 3.75 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment