Saturday, February 1, 2014

54 Reading Questions


 54 Reading Questions
I saw these on YA Book Nerd's page. I though they were fun.
     1. Favorite childhood book? Animorphs
·         2. What are you reading right now? Unravel Me
·         3. What books do you have on request at the library? It hasn’t come out yet but when Cress comes out, I’m first on the list for it.
·         4. Bad book habit? Taking out more books than I can read
·         5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Star Crossed, Unravel Me, How to Love, and The Assassins Curse
·         6. Do you have an e-reader? Yup, I’m on my 3rd Nook, not because I broke them or anything, I’ve just been upgrading
·         7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I take several at a time, but I may only bounce back and forth between two books before one of them hooks me.
·         8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? No, not really but I’m still a new blogger.
·         9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? Wake Up Missing
·         10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Altered
·         11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Honestly, not often, I’m more likely to listen to an audio book of something that’s outside of my comfort zone.
·         12. What is your reading comfort zone? YA books, or Adult paranormal books. I’m not big into Juvenile, or adult contemporary (unless it’s Janet Evanovich, or Kristin Higgins)
·         13. Can you read on the bus? Yup
·         14. Favorite place to read? Couch
·         15. What is your policy on book lending? Only to good friends that I know will take care of them
·         16. Do you ever dog-ear books? No
·         17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? No
·         18. Not even with text books? Only in college
·         19. What is your favourite language to read in? English
·         20. What makes you love a book? Strong characters 
·         21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? Great characters and plot
·         22. Favorite genre? Urban fantasy, contemporary, romance (but not too mushy)
·         23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? Nonfiction or Historical Fiction
·         24. Favorite biography? I don’t really have one
·         25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yes, What Color is Your Parachute, and He’s Just Not That Into You
·         26. Favourite cookbook? My mom J
·         27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? I don’t really have one 
·         28. Favorite reading snack? Triscuits, Humus, Tea
·         29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. I don’t know that hype has ruined an experience, but I read Twilight because everyone was talking about it, and yeah, not impressed. Not even a little bit.
·         30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Not often, but I don’t really listen to critics, I listen to friends, coworkers, and bloggers
·         31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I’ll give my honest opinion, but I’ll try to do it in a nice way, and I’ll always mentions things that I liked as well.
·         32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Spanish. It would be so helpful.
·         33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? Nothing I can remember
·         34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? Still can’t think of anything.
·         35. Favorite Poet? I’m not big into poetry. Dr.Seuss??
·         36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? 10 to 12
·         37. How often have you returned books to the library unread? All the time, including today.
·         38. Favorite fictional character? Currently Shane from Morganville, but’s it’s just because I’m reading that series right now.
·         39. Favorite fictional villain? Right now… Warren from Shatter Me.
·         40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Romance books or anything YA
·         41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. A day, but it was because I was really sick and slept for like 20 hours.
·         42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. Wicked. There was just too much going on.
·         43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? People having a conversation that I want to join (but if I don’t care what they’re saying I can ignore them).
·         44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? The Lovely Bones (it was different, but I liked it anyway)
·         45. Most disappointing film adaptation? My Sisters Keeper, they just should have ended the movie the way they ended the book.
·         46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? Estimation: for myself, $50, not sure about gifts
·         47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never
·         48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Didn't connect to the book
·         49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yeah, from favorite to least favorite
·         50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? Keep
·         51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Takedown Twenty. I hoped that it would be the end of the series (although I LOVE it) and apparently it isn’t.
·         52. Name a book that made you angry. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. It’s not that I hated the book or anything. It’s that the main character should have been much more mature for a senior in high school and I just didn’t feel it.
·         53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Bomb
·         54. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Regency Romances

4 comments:

  1. Great questions and great answers! I couldn't finish Wicked either. Loved others from the author, but just couldn't get into that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also read Confessions of an Ugly step-sister and it was pretty interesting. It was also a made for TV movie. I think it had Stockard Channing in it.

      Delete
  2. I put down Wicked and couldn't finish it but later picked it back up and ended up loving it. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it or something. It was strange, and I had to get used to Maguire's take on it. I also like to keep my books, lol. Love Dr. Seuss - I'd consider him a poet for sure. He was a genius imo.

    I'm in trouble with my library. I owe $20 in late fees before I can borrow anything from there. >.< I'm paying it off this weekend, but still, it was painful to see how much it got up to especially when I can renew them online. I'm just lazy I guess, lol. I saw this 54 questions post and am planning on posting it, too. Looks like a lot of fun to answer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! The fines can get nuts. I'd probably owe more than that if I didn't work there. I don't know about your library but we let people call us to renew their books. If there aren't holds on the books we just go ahead and renew them. (online will only let you renew a book once) I'll be on the lookout for your questions!

      Delete