Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi


13188676


  

Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong. (Goodreads)

If you haven't read the first two books, there will be some spoilers. There are also slight spoilers for talk of the third book. Nothing major though.



5 stars

The concluding book to the Shatter Me series didn't disappoint. We truly get to see a new Juliette that the one we met at the beginning of this series. She begins understand and master her ability and best of all, she begins to realize that she isn't the monster that others thought her to be.

I'm in love with Kenji, he is just my absolute favorite supporting character in a book, ever (second only to Lula in the Stephanie Plum series). His friendship with Juliette was enough to almost bring tears to my eyes.

Warner, what in the world am I suppose to say about him. I tell you what, snaps to Tahereh Mafi, because when Warner first appeared I was prepared to hate the villain and wish for his demise. On top of that, I pride myself in reading between the lines and having some idea of how a book, or a book series is going to end. Man was I wrong. The Warner that we were introduced to in Shatter Me doesn't even come close to the Warner we see in this book.

Now for all the Adam haters, yes, he was a jerk, yes, he said some things that he shouldn't have, but  I have to say, I'm not sure how I would have reacted in that situation. I mean, Warner did try to kill him in the first book. (Shrugs) I guess, although I don't condone Adams behavior, I can kind of understand it.

Honestly blogging world, I'm not sure what to say about this book other than 5 VERY LARGE STARS and recommend this book to everyone you know. They deserve to read it's greatness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment