Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  •  Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teasers!
My Teaser
"All I was going to do was show up on his doorstep and ask what the hell was up. It wasn't like I wanted another date."
Pg.16 Cathy's Book by Jordan Weisman, Sean Stewart, & Cathy Brigg
856969

I have to read this book for my "Youth Literature in the Digital Age" class. The class is pretty cool, if not a lot of work. I'm still in the beginning of the book, and so far it's okay. I feel like it's taking me a million years to read it though because of all the extra words and doodles along the edges of the pages. Granted, that's the point of the book, but it's still distracting.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like it could be an interesting story despite the side notes and other stuff. My teasers this week are from Notorious by Allison Brennan and Plus One by Elizabeth Fama. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hope, I'll know by the end of the week when it's due for class.

      Delete
  2. I've never read a book with words and doodles on the edges of the pages, but I can see how that would be distracting. I hope the plot and characters make it worthwhile.
    My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at the end of the day, if you have good string characters, small distractions are easy to overlook.

      Delete
  3. This sounds so cool and what an awesome class!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete