Monday, September 22, 2014

Review:Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

6936382
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
(Goodreads)

 
My friend has been trying to convince me to read this book for ever. I put it off because I just had no interest in reading about something that took place in France and I was never in the mood to read such a hard core romance.

Now that I've read the book I can say that I liked it, I really did. With contemporary books like this that don't really have an element of mystery, or murder, or anything else that'll keep you on the edge of you seat, I judge based on reality. If I have no problems imagining the content of the book happening in real life, I'm a happy camper. That being said, again, I'm going to say, I liked the book. I promise I did, I just had one little problem. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD COMMUNICATE. It drove me nuts, I honestly think that it I hadn't been listening to the book I would have just put it down and walked away. Anna likes St.Clair, but he has a girl friend so despite the fact that she picks up on all of his hints, she ignores them and tries to pretend like she doesn't have feelings for her. St Clair likes her, it's doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but doesn't do anything about it because he doesn't know if she likes him back. For goodness sake St. Clair, you have a freaking girlfriend, what in the heck is she suppose to do. But then, Anna has more than one opportunity to come clean and what does she do? She lies. what the heck. It as just all too much. I would have rather seen them get together, then break up, then get back together, than do this tap dance of dumb.

It's not an insult to the author or the book or anything, it just didn't work for me. I know that in reality people, especially teens, can get ridiculous about these things, but... this was just too much.

Anna and the French Kiss, I give you 3 stars. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment